Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Playing catch up.....

It's been quiet on the blog the last few days, but it hasn't been quiet around here. We celebrated our thanksgiving on Sunday, which always involves a lot of preparation, but it is so very worth it. The last few years, we've started doing the main part of the cooking the day before, so we cooked up our turkey on Saturday, as well as doing up the pies for dessert that day, as well. This time of year is one of the many times I'm so grateful for our living arrangements. Doing the turkey and the pies on the same day was only possible, because we live in a home with two fully functioning kitchens. And then on Sunday, again it was fabulous to have the second kitchen available when there weren't enough burners available on just one stove. We all five of us worked together, and had a great time doing it. I love having four out of five family members all under the same roof. And Noel is close enough now, that he can easily come and visit. Bad blogger that I am, I took no pictures. In between cooking and during visiting, I did get some hand stitching done, though. I'm continuing to work on my Patchwork of the Crosses pieces. One is now finished,

and the second is well on it's way. Now that I see the pink beside the other pieces, I'm second guessing that one. What do you think..... I'm think of maybe changing the pink to a medium to light purple.












Yesterday was spent putting the binding and hanging sleeve on my Camp Out quilt. I can't get a decent picture of it, since it is pouring down rain outside, and there isn't enough space in here to spread it out. It will be hanging at the quilt show, so maybe I can get a picture of it hanging there. Then the rest of yesterday was spent knitting and finishing watching the Harry Potter marathon that was on all weekend.
Today, I've loaded on a quilt of Charlene's that's been in my studio, waiting for months, literally. She didn't need it for the quilt show, so it got set aside to age a while longer. Plus, it took me a while to figure out what I was going to do with it. Now that it's loaded, it's talking to me.
There are seven lady blocks, and two plain ones, which will have a feathered wreath in them. I suspect it's going to have to wait a while, again, since the run up to this weekend's quilt show begins tomorrow. If anyone can make it, the show is this weekend.  This is the flyer for the quilt show.
You can biggie size the picture to see the details of where and when. Hope to see you there.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, that pink is lovely, but, a bit harsh next to the other fabrics. Those 'ladies' on C's quilt are pretty. As for Thanksgiving, we don't have any family close anymore, so, we decided not to do the 'big' meal on Thanksgiving. Less stress, and more time to play games, etc, together. We save the big meal for Christmas, instead. Our Thanksgiving is still over a month away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that first block...I don't really look forward to the holidays like I used to. Maybe one day our family will be back together, and we'll have happy celebrations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you're off to a great start on your POTC blocks! I actually like the pink - I think. Of course, I'm a color girl - and the more the merrier, right? LOL!!! Remember that there is a lot more pink showing in the picture than would actually be there as block pieces, and then there would be whatever you are using to sash them to tone them down a bit. The pink gives it a zing :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to mix fabrics for an amazing combination! Those EPPs are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I'm glad you're playing with POTC blocks, too! Hope y'all had a very happy Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.