Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 26 November 2012

Design Wall Monday, Nov. 26, 2012


There's nothing new on my wall this week. Nathan's quilt is still there. It has more rows sewn together, but that's about it. I'm hoping to get the rest of it sewn together in the next few days. And then I need to get to work on getting a backing made for this one and then work on getting the 4 boys' quilts quilted and bound.

And I've been watching as, all over blog land, the pictures of step one of Easy Street, Bonnie Hunter's new mystery, are popping out. I have been telling myself that I cannot start anything new, that I don't have the time, that the last thing I need is another project......... But I don't know if I'm actually going to listen to myself, or not. You see, I have a collection of fat quarters upstairs that would be perfect for this. Not only that, but I have some 2 inch strip sets of beige/black already sewn together, leftovers from another project, that would fit in well, too. So, a lot of the work for step one, which is 4 patches made from 2 inch strips, is already done. I'm weakening.............

I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times for her Design Wall Monday link up.

6 comments:

  1. What? How can you even consider not doing a Bonnie mystery??? LOL And you even have the fabric already? You can consider it a gift for your new home. Am I helping???

    Love the bright, cherry fabrics in Nathan's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've resisted Bonnie's mystery this year and am having a difficult time of it myself. BUT Orca Bay and Roll, Roll Cotton Boll are still flimsies here. I've told myself I have a ton of scraps I need to get made into donation quilts instead of making another mystery.

    Nathan's quilt is wonderful. Can't look at it and stay in a bad mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt... I was wondering from an earlier post how the edges were going to look! I'm not familiar with this pattern but really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! That quilt looks very complex. I love it!
    Now about joining Easy Street....come on. You know you want too. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, very bright and cheery DW! Leave it there for several more weeks!! I'm saving the Easy Street instructions. For later. Maybe. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done one of Bonnie's mysteries before - I've seen how intense some of them have been... but she said that this one wasn't - sooo, I'm really leaning toward doing it. I do need to get a few other things out of the way first though, so I may just print off the clues for now. Refraining from looking at what other Mystery quilters are putting up might be a challenge...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.