Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 5 November 2014

What I'm Working on......

The Blooming Nine Patch is next on my list to get finished into a top.The hardest part was figuring out exactly where I was in it. Ended up that I had to take down the squares that weren't sewn together yet, get the book out, and then put the squares all back up again.
I had started sewing together the top half of the quilt last night, before I re-arranged everything, and once I had the one row partly sewn together, I couldn't figure out how or where it was supposed to go. Reading the instructions is definitely a good idea! I still have some of the nine patches for the last combination of fabrics left to sew together, as well. It's a little late for doing that tonight, but maybe tomorrow? In the meantime tonight, I'll link up to the Canadian Needle and Thread Network, which has a weekly Work in Progress Wednesday. Then I think I'll work on my sweater.

7 comments:

  1. Your Blooming Nine Patch is going to be beautiful Cathy! It can be really hard to figure out where things if you walk away from it for a while - that happened to me too :) But these quilts sure are worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Keep it up and you'll be done soon! LOVE these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I just think this quilt is exquisite! I'd enter it somewhere -- it's ribbon worthy! But, after about ten minutes, I'd be ready to work on a sweater, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks just like a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blooming nine patch pattern as I have seen it made a few times over the years Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt that is going to be. And keeping it straight that is a big accomplishment in itself.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.