Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 2 November 2014

Stash and Stitching report, week 44, 2014

I'm still working away at my hand stitching of the Patchwork of the Crosses, and loving every stitch of it.This is the one from last week, all finished now.

 While talking on Face Time with Gail one day last week, I pulled out the box of fabrics I've set aside for this project, and picked these for the next four. I have one more of the pink ones to sew in, to get the center of it finished. This added to my stash used numbers, which were pretty good this week.









Used this week:                                              4.7 yards
Used this year:                                                103.6 yards
Added this week:                                               0 yards
Added this year:                                              118 yards
Net added:                                                       14.4 yards

It's been a gorgeous afternoon here today, much too nice to just simply sit inside and do stitching, although I have done some of that this morning...... yes, I said this morning. I think I like that extra hour we got last night. I did some stitching this morning, and also had a lovely Skype visit with Avery. I've been watching Judy, over at Patchwork Times talking about a sweater that she is starting. She's issued an invitation to knit along. I've hemmed and hawed about it, thinking I don't really have time to start something new. But, I have this yarn sitting here, that hasn't got a project assigned to it, and I've been looking for one for it, but so far, nothing has jumped out and said I'm it....... until now. It's the grey yarn sitting on top of the pink yarn. And I think that was the problem...... the grey yarn wanted something else to go with it. It didn't want to be grey all by itself. So I went out this afternoon, since it was, as I said earlier, much too gorgeous to stay indoors, and I headed out to a yarn shop nearby to see what I could get to keep the grey yarn company, and came home with this pink.... it's a bit pinkier than what shows in this picture, but not by much. I'm calling it a big girl pink, as opposed to a baby pink. Anyway, the pattern that Judy is using is Carabe, and it's the one that was waving its hands saying "me, me...... do me", and who am I to argue. The grey is the main colour, with the pink being the stripes. So, after I finish writing this, and doing the link ups to Kathy's Sunday Stitching and Judy's Stash report, I'm going to purchase the pattern, get it printed, and then cast on a new sweater....... so exciting!!


10 comments:

  1. It is a lovely day indeed! I did a little gardening, went for a long walk and now I am sewing and working on a Christmas gift! Busy day! Nice Crosses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful POTC! :) These look like so much fun ( and work of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your POTC block is beautiful. I giggled when I read that your "grey" yarn said it needed someone else to play with. I like what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it a great day?!? Your POTC blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous POTC blocks. And that sweater ... LOVE it! Too cold here to even think about getting out. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your POTC blocks! I've been admiring that pattern for awhile now, as I've seen a few different versions of them and love the possibilities for fussy cutting special fabrics as you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Cathy, I love your POTC blocks!! Your pairings are wonderful -- great eye!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your patchwork of the crosses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.