Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 29 November 2014

Scrappy Saturday, sew-in day 2

What a wonderful couple of days, so much fun, and I got so much done!! My triple four patch that I started last November for the Scrappy Saturday Rainbow Colour Challenge, is a finished top. And I love it!! There's something wrong with the right hand border.... the end units are turned the wrong way, somehow, but I don't care. It's staying in it's imperfection.


After I finished the triple four patch quilt, I started on these squares. I have a whole bag full of these little four patches, so I'm going to make them up into these Sister's Choice variation blocks. They'll use up those four patches, and some more yardage and also some 2 1/2 inch scrap strips for the triangles. The plan right now, is to use orange in the same place in all the blocks. I'm not sure if I have enough bright bold oranges, but I'll use up what I have and go from there. I have enough triangles made up to do three more blocks. But I think I'm done sewing for the next day or two.... I've kinda over dosed a bit, but it sure was fun. I'm going to link this up to Soscrappy for the rainbow challenge saturday post. This month's colour was actually light blue, which I didn't get anything done with. But the finish of the quilt from last year is rather exciting. After I post this, I think I'm going to just sit quietly and knit.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great finish! So glad you got to stay home and sew yourself silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo have you used up all the scraps yet? Bwaaaahaahaaa! er, maybe you did. I have plenty to start with again. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your quilt. The colors are beautiful and I'm a sucker for the diagonal squares in a quilt! Congratulations. I'm working on a Sister's Choice also. It was a leader and ender, but I discovered right away that it didn't lend itself well for that. I'm anxious to continue on it as a full-time quilt. I'm using gold for all my HSTs in the corners of the 9 patch. I like your blocks. I'll keep tabs to see how yours progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh, it's wonderful!!! I know you were so happy to get so much done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome top you have there. Looks terrific in all the scrappy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your triple 4-patch!!! I liked the mock-up you had a few days ago, but this is even better!
    I don't think I've ever seen that Sister's Choice variation - but now that I've decided to use the SC block for my rainbow scrappy challenge next year, I'm keeping my eyes open for any options... Thanks for pointing that one out!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.