Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 8 November 2014

Scrappy Colour Saturday...

I'm back at working on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge project. However, I'm way behind on making the blocks, and skipped a few colours, as well. Yellow, which was June's colour, wouldn't have worked at all with the background fabric for this project. I could have used golds, but I have another project that I'm saving golds for. July's colour was red, so that's what I'm working on now. I have four more of the larger blocks to make out of reds. I can probably get those done today. My original plan for this quilt was to make it 8 blocks wide, by 10 blocks long, and border it with the double four patch blocks. I'm re-thinking that plan, and instead might make the center of the quilt square, 8x8 blocks wide and long. I have tons of those single four patches in a bag, and I think I'll use those at the top and bottom of the quilt to make it rectangular. If I do that, I only need to make one more set of these blocks, probably using the September colour of orange. So, I'll link up this page to today's Scrappy Saturday, and then go back to making more reds.

7 comments:

  1. What lovely blocks, this colour is so warm and the creamy yellow squares really stand out. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy! They look great and I am looking forward to seeing your idea come about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I have to make a few straggler blocks that were missed along the way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that you're picking this up again! I love red, and especially the broad variety of shades - and how well red goes with so many other colours.
    I'm excited to see how your quilt is going to turn out - I haven't got a clue yet what my quilt(s) are going to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your reds are beautiful. Hope you get all your blocks done soon. This will be a pretty quilt in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful red fabrics and blocks. Looking forward to seeing your RSC quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.