Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 16 November 2014

Stash Report, week 46, 2014

I haven't been doing any hand stitching this week, so nothing to report there. And if it weren't for yesterday's workshop from the guild, there wouldn't have been any stash use either. We had a wonderful time, and very educational, learning how to make and insert curved flying geese, taught by Susan Clark, from the Burlington area. I've had a stack of 25 New York Beauty blocks hang in around for a few years now, the result of a couple of challenges I did a few years ago. As soon as I saw this workshop, I knew I wanted to incorporate the NYBs into it. This is what I got accomplished in the workshop. The long term plan is to continue with the curved flying geese, and incorporate all the NYBs into a full sized quilt, having the geese going around and under them. There will be lots more geese going into the grey background areas of this section, and then I'll move onto another being section. Note, I said long term project I'm not sure of the fabric used amount for this, since there is a lot of waste, but I'm going to guesstimate about .5 yards.

Used this week:                                  .5 yards
Used this year:                                   104.5 yards
Added this week:                                      0 yards
Added this year:                                   118 yards
Net added:                                            11.5 yards

That net added number is going up, again. Thousands of Bolts had a fat quarter sale on last week. I indulged, just a little bit. I suspect, once those fabrics get here, that my hope of ending up in net stash used numbers this year is pretty bleak. But, I really can't say that bothers me. They will find a home in a project somewhere.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash report.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Cathy! I love the look of those geese with the NY Beauty blocks!!! That is going to be gorgeous! And don't worry about adding to your stash .... we can't make beautiful quilts if we don't have our biggest tool - beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing your quilt reminded me that I bought a paper piecing pattern with all that in it. Now to find that pattern. Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee Whiz Cathy! I've never really tried to do much with flying geese. I think I'm lazy and just want to do easier stuff, but this really makes me want to do a project with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I'm really enjoying watching the process of your quilt going together!! Just change your goal to not add more than 50 yards above what you use -- then you've made it in spades! BAM! Problem solved! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.