Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 1 September 2014

Design Wall Monday, Sept. 1, 2014

This isn't my design wall. It's our design back yard lawn, the only place big enough with good enough light to be able to lay this out. It is currently 92 inches square. It has one more border to add. It will be one of the light blues in the quilt, and four inches wide. That is today's goal, to get that last border on. Then I can work on getting a backing done, and getting it quilted. I have been working on getting this UFO done for the last two or three months. I love this quilt, called Meteor Shower, from Judy Martin's book Scraps, but I am getting awfully tired of working on it. Our daughter, Becca, came out to see what I was taking pictures of, and it turns out she loves it too. So it might eventually end up living on their bed. In the meantime, I'm going to link up to Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday, and then get those last borders sewn on.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my!! Your quilt is gorgeous! It can come live on MY bed!! :) Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fabulous quilt!!! Good luck with getting the last border on today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular quilt! You will be so happy when you are done...so worth the effort. I love Judy Martin patterns...haven't gotten her books out in years....gonna have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quilt. Love the colors and how they all blend together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love it when my kids claim the quilts before they are done saves closet space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful! And also huge. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really anxious to see the finished quilt. Even as glorious as it is now, I know your expert quilting will make it even more spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.