Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 21 September 2014

Stash report, week 38, 2014

If I'm not back into positive numbers, I should be awfully close. I did a lot of cutting and piecing on a UFO that ate up some stash, and I also made another quilt back, for another UFO. Slowly, they are getting done. However, if I do end up back in positives, it won't last long, because I ordered in some more diagonal striped fabrics for bindings, since I love the look of them, so much.

Used this week:                         6.3 yards
Used this year:                          88 yards
Added this week:                       0 yards
Added this year:                       91.5 yards
Net added:                                3.5 yards

Oh well, still not back to net used numbers, but since I only do this out of curiosity, I'm not stressing about it too much. I haven't set goals to use so much or only buy so much, I just find it fun to see how much comes in and goes out  over the coarse of a year. I do know I've bought a lot less this year than other years, but that's mostly due to a decrease in cash available to spend on fabric, and some of what I would have used for fabric in other years, has gone on some of that lovely wool I've been knitting with this year.
This is what the backing was for. It's a quilt 
 called Summer Rental, a pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt co. It's been hanging in my studio since Nov. 2011, according to past blog posts. It is totally different than a lot of quilts I've done lately, so I thought I'd load it and see if I can get it done in time for the quilt show. Tomorrow should finish it.
I've decided that this afternoon is a play afternoon. I'm going to work on the Nine Patch Churn Dash and see if I can't get it all put together.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report.

5 comments:

  1. Cathy, I don't count any fabric in if I know specifically what I want it for.
    LOL - that would help you get in the black. Love that quilt you've shown us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a quilt I don't remember...the quilting looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in your quilt Cathy! That red chain inner border is stunning :) And your quilting is beautiful too ... it will show nicely at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly why I do it, too -- not because it really matters one way or the other (because I'm going to do what I'm going to do; no condemnation) -- but because I just like to know things! Ha! Your Summer Rental is fun -- I love the combo of the red, white and aqua!! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.