Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 7 September 2014

Stash Report, week 36, 2014

This has been a wonderfully productive week in the using of stash. Of course, it always helps when part of the stash used is for backings. And when that backing is for a quilt that is 101"x101", well, the numbers for that backing are awesome...... seven yards for that alone. And, because that project was finished, I was able to work on other projects that didn't have the stash already reported as used. Add to that, making a binding, and we are just so impressed.... or at least I am. I'd better make sure I keep this up, though. There is more being added to the stash this week, since an order from Mad About Patchwork will be coming in this week, something around 9 yards, I think. There was some really cool, well actually it will be really warm, camper fabric in flannel that will be perfect for a quilt I am planning which also has camper fabric in it. It would be fun to have it done for next year's camping season. Maybe I'll start on that once I have the Blooming Nine Patch finished. I'm trying really hard to finish something I start before starting something else. How long that will last will depend on how long it is before I get distracted by another project. My start-itis is currently under control, but not cured, but that's another subject altogether. However, I'm planning on making another backing this week, which should go a long way towards neutralizing those added numbers that are coming in, especially since the backing is for another large quilt.

Used this week:                           10.2 yards
Used this year:                             74.7 yards
Added this week:                       0 yards
Added this year:                       67.5 yards
Stash Busted:                                7.2 yards

I've been asked to Participate in the Around the World Blog Hop, and my day for posting is tomorrow, so stop on by, if you get a chance. I think I'm going to take a good part of this afternoon, and at least get it planned out, and maybe started. In the meantime, I'm linking this up to Judy's Stash Report.

5 comments:

  1. I love when you can add in backings...make the busting number jump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you can add in backings...make the busting number jump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you can add in backings...make the busting number jump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard not to start a new quilt with all inspiration floating about in blog land. Backings can really help the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Backings can definitely help your numbers.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.