Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 11 September 2014

Kathy's Celtic Solstice

 This is Kathy's version of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice. Kathy is calling hers Angel Solstice, based on the fabrics she chose. There are angels and stars in the fabrics she used, although they don't show up very well in the pictures of the top I have here. I love the colours in this one, the pinks and brown and beige and gold. It's a very grown up but still girly colour combination. I really like quilt pattern designs that make the straight edges of the piecing look like curves.
 Here's a close up of some of the fabrics, and also the quilting. To go with the angel themed fabrics, Kathy chose an angel pantograph for the quilting design. It is very soft and flowing and curvy, and enhances the piecing so very well.
There was a panel that went with the fabric collection, and Kathy pieced it into the backing. The angel quilting is easier to see on the solid fabrics here on the back.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the fabric used in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much work went into that quilt. Both Kathy and yourself. It's really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite quilts :)
    If it wins a prize at the fair, I'll split the winnings with you !

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.