I’ve been plodding along on last weeks’ Grandmothers’ Choice block. It took me quite a while to even figure out how I was going to do it. I finally decided on the starch to turn the seams and then glue baste it down, even on the pieces at the edge of the umbrella, rather than trying to piece that arc.
So this is going to be my stitching project for today. \it is all glue basted down, and I can relax, for part of today, at least, and do some hand stitching.
I finished up 3 customer quilts in the past week and a half, so there hasn’t been a lot of time for sewing. But I did manage to get 5 more 36 patch squares done. So there is a little bit in the out column. And I got the 20 nine patches for the guild swap done as well.
Used this week: 1.4 yards
Used this year: 8.6 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added this year: 0 yards
Balance 8.6 yards more out than in.
I’ve opened one of the envelopes that came from the Fat Quarter shop, just to see what is in there, but the fabrics are still in the package, so I’m still not counting it in. There is a sew in date coming up at Gail’s in a couple of weeks, so I’ll be opening it, and cutting into them to start a quilt that I’ve been aching to do for years.
I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching