Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Getting it done Challenge

This year, rather than hosting a UFO challenge each month, Judy at Patchwork Times is hosting a "getting it done challenge". For last years' UFO challenge, I listed one project per month that I wanted to get finished. I managed half of them. But the other 6 continue to languish in their unfinished states. *sigh*. Some of them, it's because there were too many other things happening, and some are not done simply because there is so much left to do on them that it is overwhelming to think of getting it all done in a month. The idea behind this challenge is to list 4 quilty related things that we want to get done each month. They can be as big or small as we want, which might mean that I can break down the overwhelming projects into smaller bits.
So, I think what I'm going to do, is take down the side bar that currently lists my UFOs and replace it with my monthly list, which I can edit, and mark when each goal is accomplished. We are moving this month, sometime, so my goals this month are going to be mostly moving and organization and purging related.

1. Finish sorting through this box and cutting the pieces into usable sizes, strings and crumbs.
 
2. Sort through this mess and separate out the assorted blocks into their appropriate places, and decided what to do with the orphans.
 
3. Sort through this box of white and neutrals, discarding the poor quality fabric, and cut the rest into usable sizes.

4. I have to have something sewing related on this list, or I will surely go into withdrawal, so I am going to add keeping up with the Grandmother's Choice Votes for Women block of the week. I'm already 3 blocks behind, but I have them printed, so I just need an hour or 2 and I can get them done. I'm linking up to the Getting it done linky at Patchwork Times. And now, after making my mess public, I really do have to get it done. LOL!! I am cheering myself on by telling myself that I will have so many projects that I can just pick up and do, once everything is all sorted out.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to put sorting and separating scraps. I have a few bins that need sorted. I'm going to try to remember that for next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "get 'er done" (which is how we say it in Alabama) plans!! Happy New Year, my darling friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like the perfect January organizational goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a great idea - the sorting and scrapping. I should add something like that to my list every month!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.