Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 4 January 2013

All kinds of progress


The apartment is coming along really well. The floors have all be refinished. The tile in the bathroom is done,
 and the vanity put in place. And the install of the kitchen cupboards has begun. As well, the work to build my long arm studio has begun. It sure doesn't look like much now, just some framing
 and a new entry door. But a couple of weeks from now we should, hopefully, be almost done. The electrician comes in Monday to wire the long arm studio, and then we can get at putting up the insulation and the dry wall. And then, we will be able to move all my long arm stuff, and I can get back to doing what I love to do - quilting my own and other people's quilts. This is what the entrance to my new space looks like.Just a few more weeks, and I can hang a new sign, or something, that says "welcome to Eagle's Wings Quilts".

And, I've met one of my January goals. The bin that looked like thisa couple of days ago, now looks like this.
One goal down, 3 more to go. And I now have a lot more little bitty 1 1/2 inch strips and pieces and a lot more crumbs. 

5 comments:

  1. Your new home is coming along nicely.
    Congrats on completing one of your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home is coming along very nicely Cathy! Looking good :*) And good for you cleaning out that scrap bin. If I could only discipline myself to do that a few minutes a week it would be so much easier :*D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, how fun!! I love the way things are shaping up in your new home! I know you'll be super excited to see the work finish so y'all can get on with moving in! Your kitchen area looks really nice ... as does your 'front' door!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new apartment is looking great! So exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.