Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 19 February 2012

Stash Report Week 8, 2012

Well, I did an interesting thing last night. I was working 3-11, and the person for night shift called in sick. It turned out that there was no one available to replace her, so in a moment of weakness, I said I would stay and work a double.  I think it's been at least 15 years since I've done that, and being 15 years older didn't make doing it any easier. However, it wasn't a bad shift, most everyone slept really well, and there weren't any nasty bed changes required. And I managed to get to 6 am before I started to feel like I'd been hit like a truck. I slept for about 5 hours after I came home, so other than feeling rather groggy, it's not too bad. But I don't think I'll be repeating it soon. But, the good news is that they gave me this afternoon off, so at least I don't have to go back in this afternoon. That was the condition I set, before I agreed to do the double. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll get accomplished today, but I have the next week off, so there is time. Maybe I'll just veg in front of the TV for the rest of the day, and maybe work on one of those Christmas stockings.

Anyway, I have numbers to report from the past week:

Used this week:                         5.2 yards
Used this year:                         21 yards
Purchased this week:                  0 yards
Purchased this year:                 57 yards
Balance:                                    36 more yards in than out.

And that in number is about to go up again. Vicki at LA Quilter is having a destashing sale, and I'm taking a couple of fat quarter towers off her hands. But it will be several weeks before they show up, so I won't count them until then. But they were so pretty, that I couldn't resist. Ah well, I'll just add them to my growing retirement fund. LOL. There are more Stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times

2 comments:

  1. YES! Retirement fund...that's what I'm talking about!! Glad you've got this afternoon--and all of the coming week--off to enjoy and get in some quality quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your retirement fund too! Sounds like a perfect financial plan to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.