Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 20 February 2012

Look what came to live at my house....

This box came home with my wonderful husband this morning, who kindly went to fetch it while I was still having my first wake up coffee this morning.



What a wonderful way to wake up. There's the instruction book, and DVD


Almost there.


Oh goodie, quilting attachments....


And there she sits, all warm and comfy in her box. But she's coming out.

And there's my wonderful husband, who always has to examine the styrofoam packaging to see if there are any interesting sculpture possibilities.

And here she is, all ready to go into her permanent home.

Except that she doesn't quite fit. The platform is too deep, from where my old machine used to sit, and I can't get the plug in properly. 

So, my wonderful husband came to the rescue, and took the old platform off and cut it down to size and then put it back on underneath the table. He also cut a space at the side for the cords. And there, to the left, is sitting my Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt that was giving my old machine so much trouble, getting snagged on all the seams. Well, I sewed the seam up on this beauty of a machine, and it just glided over those thick seams, like a hot knife through soft butter. I think this machine and I are going to get along very, very well. This quilt just might get very close to being finished tonight.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! You *must* be VERY excited about this machine ... I think you double posted! How fun this was watching you unpack and set this up -- almost like Christmas all over again, huh?!? YAY!! Have fun playing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love your new Janome. I purchased on several months ago, and I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you thankful for a handy Hubby - and for new sewing machines, and time off to be able to sew to your heart's content?! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you many, many years of sewing bliss with your new machine!! enjoy!
    Handy husbands are wonderful-I have one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - I am so glad she is working out so well for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.