Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 27 February 2012

Design Wall Monday Feb 27, 2012

I have my Bunny Hill Scrappy Dresden Plates up on my wall today. The centers are all stitched down, which was step 2. And step 3 hasn't come out yet, so this means I'm actually finished this step early, or at least on time. I would guess that the next step will be to sew them down to the background squares. I chose 5 different fabrics for the centers, and I'm going to lay them out like they are now, with each row of 4 blocks the same colour in the middle. They are a bit brighter in person than in the photo. It's hard to get accurate colours indoors, late afternoon, even when using the photo program to tweak the pictures, but it's close enough. I'm inking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. There is lots and lots of wonderful eye candy over there to look at.

6 comments:

  1. oh I like it!
    I haven't even started step 1 yet. I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those all look great. Good idea to vary the center color and lay them out in rows of like color. I have a Dresden quilt where I put the blocks on point and one where we layed them out in rows like yours. both layouts look great when they are done! Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking very good. I have always liked Dresden plate. After you pointed me to the Bunny Hill site I printed off the instructions. I worry it will be another one I want to start and it will be your fault. I do have a Dresden plate table runner started but not quilted (+ 12yr old).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous plates! Reminds me of my wedding quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, they are looking GREAT! Are you doing these totally scrappy? And are you just picking scraps from whatever, or do you have 30's fabric? They are so happy looking!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.