Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 18 February 2012

Another morning after the friday night before.....

I managed to meet my goal of getting the borders for Roll Roll Cotton Boll all assembled. Now, all I need is my new sewing machine, and I can get the rest of the centre put together, figure out the size of the spacer border, and get these puppies attached, and it will be done. I was hoping the machine would show up yesterday, but it didn't maybe today, before I have to go to work. Anyway, back to the quilt... considering that this is my February UFO, it might even be done before the end of the month. The only problem I can see with it right now, though, is that there isn't any other green in the body of the quilt, but there is in the borders. These border units were the very first clue in this mystery, several years ago, and I'd forgotten about the green.  I was thinking of using a blue as the spacer border, but maybe a bluish green? I guess I'll decide once the top is all together and I can get it, and the borders on the wall together.


In addition to getting the borders done, I also decided to load Make Your Point, which meant making up the backing for it. So, all in all, it was a very productive Friday sew-in. Don't forget to go over to Heidi's place and see the really long list of people from all over the world who were also participating in the sew-in. I'm sure there will be lots of fun stuff to see.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Cathy! I did nothing last night (sewing wise) and practically nothing today, too. I can't wait for Make Your Point to be finished -- it's a lot of fun! What did you do for the back? Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting when a quilt gets to this stage!! I am so looking forward to seeing your rendition. This quilt was a real challenge for me and I love how it turned out. The borders really did finish it off.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.