Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 13 February 2012

Design Wall Monday Feb 13, 2012

In between all the shifts I've been working this past week, I've been sewing on my February UFO. It has been giving me some trouble, though. I am really glad I didn't do all the string blocks, because no matter how careful I was, their edges stretched. And while the blocks measure the right size, the stretched edges don't. So there has been lots of pinning, which I don't usually do, and lots of easing the fullness in, which means some of the squares are rather poofy. But, I still like the way it looks, so it will be worth it, I hope, in the end. Once I get the centre of the top finished, I'll do the pieced border. Then, I'll measure the 2 of them, and put in the needed spacer border to make it fit. Another day should see the rest of it sewn together, and then I can start on the borders. Looking at it right now, I'm thinking that the spacer border is going to be blue, but I'll have to check my stash, once I get to that point, and see what's there, and what I have enough of to do the job. Any more red would just over power it, I think. Anyway, that's it for me for today. I'm linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday over at her blog, Patchwork Times. There looks like there is all kinds of wonderful eye candy to see over there.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Cathy -- this is really FUN!! I like the sawtooth borders around each block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see of this quilt, and especially your variation, the more I like it - except for the stretched edges - what a pain!
    Hope the rest of it goes together well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sshh...don't tell anyone else but sometimes all those string units are a little too busy for me...I really like your version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to drop by and wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day, Cathy! I hope you've had a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.