Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 6 January 2011

Word for the year, word for life.

I was surfing around blogland yesterday, and came across a number of posts talking about choosing a word for the year, to focus on, and try to incorporate into our lives. I didn't really plan on participating in it, and didn't plan on doing a post about it. But, it's been stuck in my head ever since. And the word that keeps coming to me is "trust", like the hymn that says: "Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." I've been finding myself lately, worrying over things. So, instead of worrying, I want to trust. Trust that the Lord will supply our financial needs as the hospital closes beds, and Scott gets closer to retirement. Trust that the Lord will keep our children and soon to be grandchild safe and healthy. Trust that the Lord will give Noel the confidence he needs to know that he will be a great father. Trust that the Lord will be present and a comfort to Susan as she grieves over multiple losses this past year, and struggles with her own trust issues. Trust that The Lord will keep my dearly loved husband healthy for many years to come. So that's the focus, the change in the way of thinking, that, instead of worrying about these things, which is as useless a thing to do as there can be in this world, to trust in our God and Creator, who is more than able to care for all our needs.

4 comments:

  1. Love it Cathy! Something we all need more of - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome word...I too struggle with keeping faith that He will provide and take care of us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.