Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Customer Quilts 2015

Thursday, 27 January 2011

100 block challenge squares # 21 & 22

 I've finished my squares for this week. Woohoo! Not only that, but I have one of next week's all cut out, and ready to sew, probably today before heading in to work. So, squares # 21 and #22 are done, I need 2 more, and then, after I do all the machine applique stitching (groan), I can start putting the first of the quilts made from these squares together. Originally, I was going to substitute a large motif from a fabric for the Sweet Dreams embroidery, but them I remembered that I had bought a permanent fabric marker, in red, for doing faux red work embroidery. So, I used that. It took all of 10 minutes, and I think it turned out quite well. Hopefully, though, permanent really means permanent.

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect solution to use the red marker. It looks great. I will definitely steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to use the red marker instead of embroidery. Hopefully it will last. The embroidery on some of the blocks was one of the reasons holding me back from doing all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart!!! I never thought to use a red marker and I even have one!! Isn't it fun to be a little bit ahead instead of behind.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! It's pretty close to the original interpretation which I completed ran from. Blocks look good.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.