Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 6 September 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching

I have three more small rosettes almost finished for La Passacaglia. These two are finished, and in place around the top left hand section.
I have a couple more of the yellow stars to stitch down, and then this one will go underneath the small orange one. I was hoping to have this one done, and in place tonight, but I can't find my thimble, and my finger that pushes the needle through is starting to get sore.
After this, there's one more to do, and that centre section is done! So close...... so very very close to being done!
I managed to get a backing made for Texas Chain, as well as the last borders done, and I get to count all that as used this time. It really isn't helping my numbers, at this point, but I sure am having fun adding to those numbers! I'm collecting fabrics for baby quilts for our going to be arriving in January grandchild, so the stash added numbers are going up. Whether they come back down again will depend on how many baby quilts I get done. Because we all know there will be more than one.

Used this week:                    7.2 yards
Used this year:                    59.1 yards
Added this week:                     0 yards
Added this year:                 86.25 yards
Net stash added:                27.15 yards.

We've been talking colours and designs lately, Becca who is the mommy-to-be, and I so as soon as I get a chance, I can start sewing up quilt pieces and baby quilts. She's 21 weeks now, and definitely looking like there is a baby coming. She says she's feeling it moving a lot, and Matt's been able to feel the odd kick or two as well. It's getting very exciting!! I'm linking up to Judy's Fabric Report, Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching and Angie's WIPs Be Gone. I haven't checked out any of the links from other people on those sites yet, so I just might do that now, and give the tip pf my finger a rest.




9 comments:

  1. I love making baby quilts...almost instant gratification! So much fun! Your hand stitching project is very colourful! How many pieces?? Did you count them???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have grand baby # 5 arriving mid January also. Your blocks are looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on the La Passacaglia.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! You will have to finish this up to get in gear for baby quilt land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Passacaglia is looking great. I have the book and paper pieces, but just have not started yet. Too many other WIP's I guess. I hope you don't mind if I make it "vicariously" through your blog for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. La Passacaglia is fabulous! All those little pieces, I can't imagine stitching all of those.
    Your stash numbers don't look too bad. Just a few quilts and backings and you'll just about break even.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting really excited to see your finish! You've chosen some really wonderful fabrics to make every rosette sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.