Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 20 September 2015

Sunday Stash and stitching report, week 38

I seem to be averaging every other week on these posts lately. My hand stitching has slowed down a bit, as I begin to work more on machine projects. There's a commercial on TV here days showing a woman cloning herself so that she can get all kinds of things done all at the same time. I would love to be able to do machine sewing and hand sewing and knitting all at the same time. Sadly, not possible. But I am still leaving Sundays for my hand stitching. I have completed 3/4 of La Passacaglia. Here's a close up of the section I've just finished.   
 I just have the rosettes that go around the top right section left to do, unless I decide to do a few extras to fill in some spaces.  
With that in mind, I've done up a couple of the centre stars needed for the new rosettes. There is at least one more kicking around here that is finished, but it seems to have temporarily gone missing.
As far as the stash report goes, there has, of course, been stash added. No self respecting Grandma-to-be could possibly avoid ordering new fabrics for new baby quilts for a new baby. At least, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. I did use some of that recently ordered stash to make up one baby quilt already. It's a pattern called Ribbon Waltz, found here.

Used last 2 weeks:                         3.3 yards
Used this year:                             62.4 yards
Added last 2 weeks:                       8.5 yards
Added this year:                           94.75 yards
Net stash added:                           32.35 yards

I've already found another design I want to do, so there should be some more stash busted in the next week, or so. And in the meantime, I'm having a blast! And the best of all..... our grandson or granddaughter-to-come gave me a lovely kick hello this morning!!
As usual, I'm linking up to Judy's Fabric Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching. Then, it's back to more slow stitching to go with a lovely cup of tea.








3 comments:

  1. I love how you have fussy cut your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still in love with your Passacaglia,, just so wonderful.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Passacaglia quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! I think I need to find this pattern. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.