Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 1 August 2013

Getting it Done Challenge.

Now is the time to look back at July and assess just how much of what I wanted to get done actually got done. Then I get to make a list for August.
July's List was:
1. Grandmother's Choice... catch up and keep up. This one is a bit of yes and no. I have 40 blocks done. I have decided that I'm only making 42 blocks, rather than the 49 for the full sized quilt. Mine is going to be a quilt for the couch, so a quilt that is 6 blocks wide, by 7 long will be big enough. Therefore, I will call this one as accomplished.

2. Figure out a design for quilting my Dresden Plate. This one is done, and beyond, since the quilting is almost finished. I had wanted to try something different on this one, but no matter what design I looked at, the quilt told me that it wanted feathers, so I didn't argue.

3. Start the Deckade the Halls quilt along. Nope, didn't do it, mostly because I decided that I need to focus on getting some quilts done before starting anything new.

4. Finish Step 3 of Lazy Sunday Mystery, which is done.

So, that makes 3 out of 4 accomplished this month. Yippee. Now, for August
1. Do up the last 2 Grandmother's Choice blocks for my quilt, and get it all sewn together.

2. Finished quilting Dresden Plate and get the binding made and sewn on.

3. Finish Lazy Sunday Mystery. I've seen the photo of the finished quilt, and I love it!

4. Finish large blocks for Meteor Shower.
I'm linking up to Judy's Getting it Done for August post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.