Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 1 April 2013

Design wall Monday, April 1, 2013

This design wall post is being brought to you from my new studio, and a temporary design wall system. The baby quilt that I started last month is finished, as is the backing. Once it is quilted, it will be bound in the green that has been used in the quilt as borders.












 The polka dots on the backing are kinda wild, but I like them. They take away, a bit, from the really baby-ish feel
of the quilt. I used the last of the border strips in the middle of the backing, so it does relate to the front.

I'm hoping to get the permanent design wall put up this week. I think we're going to go with some foam insulation sheets, covered with batting. That will give a small bit more of insulation for the space, and also something to pin into.
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday, and then I'm going to go press the half square triangles that I finished for the mystery yesterday, before going in to work this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used these border prints...and of course that gets me thinking about using some border prints I've had for ages!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.