I did some actual quilting today, and my machine is working beautifully! I am so happy! I've had this Disappearing Nine Patch hanging around for years, so I thought it would be a good one to start with. It took me a couple of days after loading it to decide what to do with it. I didn't want to do a pantograph, and I've done a lot of continuous curves lately, so I didn't want to do that either. I decided that I'd like to do some diagonal lines, but didn't really want to do ruler work. There's been a lot of talk at the guild lately about "organic quilting", which I interpret to mean, just aim and go. So that's what I did...... loosely waving lines across the diagonals of the different pieces. I like it. It's simple, and lets all the fun fabrics take center stage. It is now all finished, and just needs to get taken off the machine and trimmed, and I can decide on binding and load another. I'll take a pic once I get it all bound. I think this one is destined for the children's aid donations that the guild does. It will be nice to have a quilt that is specifically for an older child.
I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times and then I'm going to wait for a Skype visit with Avery planned for this evening, and maybe fill the waiting with visiting some other walls.