Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 22 April 2013

Design Wall Monday, April 22, 2013

 I've been working on my getting it done challenge list for April. The first on the list was to get Cactus Rose out of its long neglected box, and get these 4 squares sewn together. This is a pattern by Judy Neimeyer, but I discovered when looking for the link, that the pattern has been retired, which shows how long I've had this on the go. I was really nervous about sewing this together. The instructions that came with the pattern said to make the whole 71 inch square quilt, and then do the applique. I didn't want to be doing hand applique on a project that big, so I did them one square at a time. That caused the pieced edges of the squares to stretch. But, they went together not too badly, with a little easing here and there. So the next stage for this one is to start working on all the paper pieced border units. I think the next few months are going to have a certain number of them assigned each month. That way it won't be quite so overwhelming.
The other thing on my wall is the beginnings of step 2 in the Bonnie Hunter mystery that is running in the Quiltmaker magazine. It's called Lazy Sunday Mystery. The picture was taken with my iphone, so it's not the greatest, but it will do.
I'm linking up to Patchwork Times design wall Monday link box. Then I'm off to make myself another cup of coffee..... French Vanilla..... yummmmm.... Then I have quilts to load.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. The color and movement is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy N patterns take perseverance. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cactus rose is really pretty! Now if you can just keep the momentum going for that pieced border. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, your Judy Neimeyer piece is gorgeous! I love looking at projects like this, but don't have the guts to try them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Cathy - its been a while since I visited and you have been up to an AMAZING quilt. This is really lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't figure out how you did that Cactus Rose. Amazing! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy look at that cactus rose, what a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.