Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 31 March 2013

Stash Report Week 13, 2013 and newfo challenge

There was some sewing this past week, not a lot, but some is better than none. So I have a small amount of stash out. I did the brown nine patches for the guild swap for the month of April, and I discovered that I hadn't cut the green triangles for the mystery quilt, which I why I couldn't find them when I wanted them a couple of weeks ago. So I can count those out. And once I started sewing the triangles together, I discovered that I hadn't cut enough of the background triangles, so I had to cut more of those, which can also count as stash out.

Used this week:                               1.2 yards
Used this year:                               31.15 yards
Added this week:                                  0 yards
Added this year:                              127.25 yards
Balance:                                             96.1 yards more in than out.

One of the things I treated myself to this past month was starting a Newfo. Barbara at Cat Patches has a challenge to start a new quilt every month. It doesn't have to get finished, just started. So I started this quilt,
and actually finished it, and its backing as well. But, I don't have pictures of the finished product, because it's at the other house, which seems to be the story of my life lately. LOL! Maybe we'll stop be the other place and pick it up either on my way to work, or on the way home. That way I can have pictures for design wall Monday.

I have to decide on a Newfo project for April. Maybe something using that delicious box of Fossil fern fabrics.......

I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times Stash Report .

5 comments:

  1. I like your cute row quilt for March. Looks very Springy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I love pinwheels. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice start, I'm partial to the checkerboard pattern. I've yet to try it myself-maybe you'll be inspiration !~!

    I found you via Barb's FO Linky. Your blog is pretty. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet quilt, and pinwheels are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, Some is better than none! Way to go starting and finishing a project. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.