Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 24 March 2013

Stash Report Week 12, 2013

I spent all day yesterday sewing. Did it ever feel good. Gail hosted another sew day. So Christine and Carol and myself spent the day sewing with Gail. I finished up my one set of half square triangles for the Bonnie Hunter mystery in the Quiltmaker magazine. I still have the smaller ones to go. Seems that I forgot to take the dark sides of the smaller ones, or maybe I haven't even cut them yet. I'm going to have to search around and see if I can find them. Then I finished that baby quilt I was working on, and then moved on to doing the black nine patches for the guild swap.
After I got home, Scott came and picked me up and we went back to the new apartment, where I spent the evening also sewing. I put together the backing for that baby quilt I finished. So I have usage numbers this week, and fairly decent ones. I'm hoping this is the start of a trend.

Used this week:                    3.7 yards
Used this year:                   29.95 yards
Added this week:                    0 yards
Added this year:                 127.25 yards
Balance:                               97.3 yards more in than out. So I'm back under 100.
I'm planning on doing more sewing today, so that should help. I have found some fabric in my stash that will make perfect curtains for the bathroom and shower curtain as well. SO I might do those up today. I also have to make a trip to the local fabricland, while their sale lasts, and see if I can find some fabric I like for living room curtains. Making curtains is not real close to the top of my list of things I like to do, but I hate paying the price for ready made ones, so make them I will, if I can find what I'm looking for.
I'm linking up with Judy's stash report at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. No pictures?
    I was working on a project yesterday using a few charm packs - had to sew two HSTs together, then sew to another set of HSTs - I got about 3/4 done, and couldn't find matches for a whole bunch of squares. I was all ready to send a "less than positive" note to the supplier of the charm packs - and then I found a BIG pile of HSTs on the ironing board, covered by another project.... Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had the perfect weekend - sewing with friends! I am always impressed with folks who can sew curtains, hope you find the fabric you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.