Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 16 March 2012

"Gratitude" is a flimsy


This is a quilt called "Gratitude". It was designed, and named, by Judy Laquidara, and is from her book Weekend Quilts. In this particular book, she has the process of sewing the quilts broken into 1 hour segments. I discovered during the process of making this quilt, that I like doing things that way. If you don't have that book, I highly recommend it. I don't have any affiliation to her, other than being a fan of her blog, Patchwork Times. I took the finishing stitches in this quilt top last night, at about 11:30. I was tempted, oh so tempted, to set it aside and start on something else, but I resisted the temptation, and stuck with it until it was done. Then I started something else. LOL!
 I started the backing for Double Duty, a quilt pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Company , which is my UFO for March. The top is done, and it needs quilting and binding. I have a customer quilt on the machine right now, that I am planning on finishing up today. I cut the backing for Double duty last night. It needs to be ironed and sewn together, and then I can get it on the machine. Hopefully I will be posting it next Friday as a finish. I'm linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it Friday on her blog Crazy Mom Quilts. There is always lots and lots to see over there.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely carpet with great colors. I love it ..
    Have a lovely weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! It sounds like you are on track to get your March UFO completed and off your UFO list.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.