Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 12 March 2011

Ponderings

What is it about disasters that glues us to our TV sets? What is it about us that causes us to sit and watch the same photos, the same film footage over and over? September 11th, the boxing day Tsunami, and now the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, all have created the same phenomenon. There even used to be a television show on the history channel called "Disasters of the Century", which told of all different disasters that happened all over the world. And then there is the whole genre of disaster movies that always seem to draw huge audiences. I find myself sitting here, watching the footage of cars floating off, and houses being removed from their foundations, hoping and praying that there was nobody in them. It certainly puts my complaints about a few inches of snow to shame.

On a happier note, we had dinner over at Matt and Becca's last evening. Becca cooked up a beef pot roast in her slow cooker, and it was absolutely wonderful. She's come a long way in the last 6 or 7 months, since she got married. It used to be impossible to get that girl into the kitchen to cook anything, let alone a full dinner. Marriage and Matt have been so good for her. While we were there, I put the last stitches into the binding of the Chocolate Swirls quilt. It has been washed, and is now waiting its turn in the dryer. I just might leave the final reveal until after the baby shower in April. Laurie reads my blog, so I have to have some secrets. (Sorry Laurie).  I have to work this weekend, so I'm going to go see if I can get a couple of borders done on the baby hexagon stars, and get it to the ready for quilting stage.

2 comments:

  1. awww, come on! You can post photos of the baby quilts! It's not fair to disappoint your blog followers! I won't look! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are song lyrics that go something like "Anticipation...is making me wait"!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.