Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 15 June 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I did it!! I finished my cross stitched hymn before starting the next one! Here’s a picture of the finish. It obviously still needs framing, but that can wait until I can afford it. And the very next thing I did after finishing this was to get out the new linen and start a grid on it. Not an easy process because it is 36 count linen. It takes a while for the eyes to adjust to the small thread count and my 4x magnifying reading glasses are an essential part to doing this. I might even break down and order some 5x magnifiers. I’ll wait and see a bit longer since my eyes are starting to get used to seeing the pairs of threads. I’m using the called for linen which is Picture This Plus in the colour Mirage. I’m also using the called for colours. This is part of a set of three that will be stitched side by side. The series is called "A Year In The Woods”. I am hoping to do all 12 of the designs eventually. I’ve ordered all of the patterns, thinking that by the time I get to doing all of them they might be out of print. This way I will have them all and then will only need to order the linen and threads for each set of 3. That’s the plan, at least. The animals on each of the patterns are so much fun and so whimsical. I kinda fell in love with them.

I’ll link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching in the morning.





5 comments:

  1. What a great finish - love the muted colours in that one!
    And the reindeer is a fun pattern... I think your fabric choice will be perfect!
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches hymn is beautiful! Love too, your new Year In The Woods cross stitch. Those antlers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congra6on your finish, and the new start is a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.