Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Tuesday news

There hasn’t been a whole lot of quilty stuff done in the last few days. We had a wonderful visitor this past weekend, our grandson Avery. He is very well behaved, easily amused, plays well by himself and with others, and talks non-stop. And when he wasn’t talking, he was singing to himself and he has the typical four year old boy’s love of silly noises. I spent a lot of time smiling and laughing while he was here. There was a little bit of knitting time after he went to bed on Saturday. And then I did a blitz of knitting and stitching on Sunday after he left at about 3 in the afternoon.  Between the stitching and knitting and watching Call the Midwife on Netflix, I kept my mind occupied while Noel drove Avery the 3 1/2 hours to get him home and then another 3 /12 hours to come back again.
I did make a little bit of progress on my Northern Tree Line quilt on Friday. It’s going together quite easily, in between other things, since I’m using it as a leader/ender project. It’s amazing how many half square triangles can get sewn together while making sampler blocks. I got three more blocks done for the London Friendship Quilters’ Guild Blog SamplerThis now takes us up to the end of April. I got them written up and scheduled for their publishing dates today. It’s free and anyone interested can follow along. And that’s about all that’s been going on here.




1 comment:

  1. Oh what fun to spend time with Avery!! I don't envy you that he is 3 1/2 hours away!!! My grandson is 3 minutes away, and my grand daughters 45 minutes so I'm blessed in that regard.

    You amaze me with how much you accomplish each week. Your work is just stunning and makes me want to get busy with new projects.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.