Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 13 December 2015

Sunday Stitching Report.

I’m doing more on La Passacaglia today. I’ve almost finished putting the white fillers around the bottom half of this quilt. 
 I also sewed the rosette with the light orange stars into place on the left hand side today.  All that’s left is to sew a few more whites onto that light orange rosette and the burgundy one above it, and then I can move onto adding them to the two top sections, not pictured here. This process is going much faster than I thought it would. Then I have to figure out what I’m doing with the border, beyond putting it onto more white. At this point, I’m not sure I want to add on any colour to the outer edges. I want to keep all the focus on what’s going on in the centre. But that could change. Maybe a narrow border of the same dark grey I used in the centre of all the large rosettes. I won’t know that until the whole thing is finished. So, with that in mind, I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching, and then going back to do a bit more on this.
I’m not bothering with a stash report again this week. There hasn’t been any movement in either direction. I’m going to have to cut some more white to make some more filler pieces for this project, so I might be able to count a small amount out next week.


4 comments:

  1. I too am working on my Pasaglia! Couldn't believe a fellow southern Ontarian was working on it too! Well i actually moved closer to Ottawa! Ii love your quilt! Question though.."..what I is your plan, with the white? Looks so interesting! Cheers
    Ruth ruthquilts35@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. I love the colors the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful plan for La Passacaglia - love the white around it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.