Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 4 June 2015

Weed therapy


Doesn't that sound like a fun topic? I'm not talking about the kind of weed that is smoked,though. I'm talking about the old fashioned garden variety weed, as in the type that is growing way faster than the plants that are supposed to be there. The back area of the garden is an absolute mess of weeds. I don't have a lot of stamina or strength, so I'm doing small bits at a time. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, all the weeds in this area will be gone, new perennial plants will be in, and mulch put down to prevent it from getting this bad again.

 

There's quite a steep drop from our yard to the one behind us. The previous owners stabilized the drop off with a large amount of stones. However, there is also a lot of soil in amongst the rocks, which allows for all kind of weed growth down on the hill as well. But, since I can't see it, I am for the moment at least, going to pretend those weeds don't exist. So, excuse me while I go get dirty.

 

2 comments:

  1. My vegetable garden looks like that too...sigh...hoping it will be cleaned out and planted with veggies by the end of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guys don't let me pull weed, since, I can't really tell a weed from a plant (both have pretty blooms most of the time). Saves me lots of grief (more time for sewing, too).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.