Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 26 April 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching Report, week 17, 2015

 I'm continuing to plug away at La Passacaglia, a design by Willyne Hammerstein in her book Millefiori Quilts. I finished up two small rosette centres, and have finally gotten the arrangement to a place where I really like it. 
I still have some star points to add to the rosettes I did this week, and then I think I'll tackle the task of sewing it together. I haven't got any place bigger to be able to hang this, so I think, after I get this part of it all sewn together, I'll reverse it, and have most of it hanging down the back, but with the top section of this still hanging down in the front so I can see the intersection of the fabrics that are close to each other.
None of the rosettes I did this week count as finished without their stars, so I can't count them. But I did get the last of the Canadiana Row quilt rows done, and the flying geese for the borders are done, as well. So I can count them as fabric out.

Used this week:                     1.5 yards
Used this year:                     31.8 yards
Added this week:                    0 yards
Added this year:                  32.5 yards
Net stash added:                     .7 yards

So close...... so close to being back in the black, so to speak. Unless I get weak or tempted in the coming week, I will be back in the black.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report, Angie's WIPs Be Gone and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.  After that, it will be time to pick out some fabrics for the star points. So much fun!!!








2 comments:

  1. So neat to watch your Pssacaglia come along so well.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The use of colour is wonderful, but when you get up close and see how you have used the designs of the fabric, it's even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.