Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 20 April 2015

Design Wall Monday, April 20, 2015

I'm working on the last row for the Canadiana Row Quilt we are doing for the guild. This last row, rather than providing a pattern, was to represent what each individual thought represented Canada for them. The first thing that came to my mind was our national anthem, "Oh Canada", therefore that's what I've done.
 To make it even more personal for myself, one of the background fabrics has sewing notions on it, and the other has fishing gear on it. I'm not really big into fishing, but it was the closest I could come to outdoors and camping and hiking.
All that is left for this project is to sew this into the body of the quilt, and then do up the 98 flying geese required for the borders. I would really like to have this done by the next guild meeting so that I can take it with me and show them the finished product. So, with that in mind, I'll link up to Judy's Design wall Monday, and then go get a start on those geese.

2 comments:

  1. Nice idea, especially including the sewing theme fabrics to include yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great border for a quilt in the woods

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.