Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Customer Quilts 2015

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Stash Report, week 50, 2013

I used a little bit this week, doing the place mat for the guild that were given to Meals on wheels. I did up 2 place mats, one for the colour challenge, and then another out of an orphan block. I forgot to take a picture of the second one, but here's the first one, for the colour challenge.
It used more fabric than it should have, due to errors in judgement for the size of the pieces required for the paper piecing. I ended up just using over sized strips of fabric to do the piecing, which caused quite a bit of waste. And I have to add in the remains of a bolt of Kona cotton I ordered. Some of the bolt went to other people, but 15 yards of it has remained here.

Used this week:                                       1.1 yards
Used this year:                                     125.15 yards
Added this week:                                     15 yards                    
Added this year:                                    180.55 yards
Balance:                                                    55.4 more yards in than out.

But, the good side is, I have plans for that Kona cotton. It is Kona Ash, and will work as a background for a couple of quilts I want to do in the near future. I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report, then I think I'll knit for a while, after I read the other reports that are posted there.


3 comments:

  1. That is much to pretty to use as a placemat. Hope whoever gets it will hang it on their wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! It's beautiful! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dee Dee. The placemat is just too pretty to use as a placemat. Maybe a center piece! It is gorgeous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.