Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 13 December 2013

On the needles, Dec. 13, 2013


 I'm still working on that pair of socks. The first is finished, and I finally took the time to research how to do the toe grafting stitch properly. I had to follow along on the video and do it as she was doing it. And I'll have to do the same thing for the next one, too, because the instructions sure didn't stick in my head. I'm really enjoying working with this wool, it is so very soft and petable. And I really like the way the colours are spiraling around the foot and the leg of the sock. Later on today, I'm planning on tackling the Magic Loop provisional cast on For this Cowlie project. I've never done it before, so it will be something else new to learn. We
 have a wedding to go to tomorrow, a 2 or 3 hour drive away, so I'll work on this in the car, providing the winter storm that is predicted doesn't prevent us from going.
I'll be using this yarn for the cowlie. It's a worsted weight superwash from Berroco, but I threw away the labels when I wound it into the balls, so I don't know exactly what yarn it is. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.
I'm linking up to On the Needles. It's always fun, and sometimes dangerous, to see what others are working on. My favourites list of patterns just keeps getting longer and longer. But it sure is fun.

3 comments:

  1. Your socks look warm and cozy. I have to watch the videos over and over, too. What did we do before youtube?? Nice... knitting while on a road trip. Enjoy and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually put the ball band inside the ball so it is there if I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are great looking and I love the color of your cowlie yarn too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.