Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 27 December 2013

On the Needles, Dec. 27, 2013

I've made good progress on my Cowlie project this past week. I had all kinds of plans for getting things accomplished yesterday. I was going to lay out and then cut the pattern pieces out for Avery's pajamas, but my back had other things in mind. The muscles in between my shoulder blades decided to spasm, they've done this before, so the first part of the day was spent with a heating pad on my upper back, and the rest of the day was spent relaxing, and doing some knitting, since that didn't pull on those muscles. They're better today. I'm looking forward to getting this Cowlie done, since one of the things I want to do in the New Year, is start getting out walking again for some exercise, and I'll need this warm snugly head covering to do that.
There is a special treatment that goes around the front edge, and I'm not sure how much yarn that's going to take, so I think I'll start on it next, since that ball of yarn in the left of the picture is all I have left. If I have any left after doing the front edge, I'll do more on the bottom ribbing section and then bind that off.  The front edge actually folds back, so it doesn't end up as big as it looks here. If I continue with this today, I just might be able to finish it.
I've been thinking about next years' projects, both quilting and knitting, and I think I'll start doing the same thing with knitting as I do with quilting. As a project is started and blogged about, I'll label it with the name of the project, and the date so it shows up on the blog and I can track what I've started and finished for the year. I think in the past year I did six pairs of socks, plus the Dreambird Shawl, three hats and one scarf and a baby sweater and Avery's Truck sweater and the Bunny Balaclava for Avery. But, if I'd labeled them here on the blog, I'd know for sure exactly what was started and finished.
I'm linking up to Judy's On the Needles


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour! I look forward to sharing "on the needles" stories with you in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping track on your blog is a great idea - I have no idea exactly what I did do this year because I don't always blog about it! But if I had a "counter" even if I never blogged about it - I could update it. The other thing I have been seeing on blogs is a photo collage of projects at the end of the year - I love that idea too! Enjoy your extra walking while being nice and toasty in your hand knits! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.