Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Fabric in the mail

My Mr. Postman brought me a lovely package in the mail. There are 12 lovely fat quarters, in shades of blue and brown. Matched up with more from my stash, they should make up into a lovely Yellow Brick Road. I have been wanting to do one of these for awhile, but didn't quite have the fabrics for it that I wanted. I don't know what it is about this fabric and colour combo that I like so much, but it really speaks to me. I find it very calming. Come to think of it, these are the same colours in my living room area rug. Well, I'm consistent, if nothing else. Andrea is coming this afternoon for her fitting, so I think I'll go and see if I can get a border or 2 sewn onto my freeze frame quilt before she gets here. There has been very little quilty stuff done at my place for at least the past week. I think I'm going into withdrawal. I have sooooo many projects I want to start, and others I want to keep going on, but, I must focus. Six and a half weeks, and 3 dresses. (sigh) So, I'll go play for the next couple of hours, and then, it's dress time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.