Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 9 October 2024

What we’re working on.

 No surprise to say we have more quilts on the go at our Prayers and Squares group. We had one finish, this lovely aqua and pink stacked coins quilt. It is Beverly’s first ever quilt finish so we all gave her a big “woohoo”! Susan has been making the same quilt, except in greens. It has a recipient in mind already who requested outdoorsy happy greens.  We also finished a quilt that is going to be gifted to our interim Pastor. He stepped in and has been preaching weekly since Easter, in spite of also having a full time job as a hospital chaplain. We are ever so grateful to him and his family. He loves music, singing and playing the guitar. This pattern was perfect for him.  Our regular Pastor had a fairly severe car accident back in March and has been off recovering. He’s due back the week after Thanksgiving. 

Here at home I’ve been working on some paper pieced blocks. It is a block of the month put out by Carol Doak on her facebook group page.Unfortunately, the block in the top right is one inch too small. I goofed when I printed it. I’m not sure if I’m going to try and fudge it to fit or if I will make a new one.  I’m not 100 percent happy with the colours in it so I will likely do another one. I’m also working on using up some 2 inch scrap strips and squares and am in the process of making Bonnie Hunter’s Rick Rack Nines pattern. I don’t have a picture of them. They are currently in a bag waiting to go to P&S tomorrow to choose a setting fabric. And that’s all that’s new at the moment.

I’ll link up to Mid Week Makers.











1 comment:

  1. The quilts are wonderful and I'm sure your interim Pastor will love his quilt and your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.