Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Lyndsey's Jane Austin Quilt



I did up this quilt for Lyndsey back in March, I believe. Obviously, I've fallen behind in documenting customer quilts, as usual. This is a Jane Austen quilt. All those tiny diamonds around the outside are incredible! I quilted this one using the white sashing in between the larger diamonds as a guide for wavy crosshatching. It let the shapes and the colours of the fabrics stand on their own, and be the stars of the quilt, rather than the quilting.
I like to have the quilting enhance the over all look of a quilt, rather than over power it. Due to the lighting conditions when the pictures were taken, it's hard to see the quilting.

2 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.