Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Alice's Woven Strips


Alice brought me this wonderfully bright and fun quilt to do.  The fabrics are primarily Kaffe Fassett designs. I love the optical illusion in it, that makes it seem as if the strips are woven over and under each other.  There's a lot going on in this quilt, so all it needed was something over all to pull it all together.  We decided on a large circular swirl to soften the edges of all the straight lines. It was still the dark, damp and cold days of April when this quilt was done, and it was a welcome bright spot during those days.

3 comments:

  1. Those swirls sure do give it movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and those swirls are what make the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.