In between working on a customer's quilt today, I started laying out all these squares. A couple of weeks ago, Charlene came over for several hours, and during that time we took out my GO Cutter and tackled some of our scraps. Charlene is also making one of these plus sign quilts, so we decided to do a fabric swap of her fabrics and mine, to increase the variety in our quilts. Charlene is making hers as a charm quilt, with no two plus signs being the same, so she needed lots of variety. I don't think I'll focus too much on using a fabric only once, but instead concentrate on an even distribution of fabrics and colours. I still need some single squares on the outer edge, and then I can start slowly sewing this together.
I'm planning on having as one of my goals for next year, to focus on using up scraps. I figure, I may as well get a head start.
I'm linking up to The Needle and Thread Network for their work in progress Wednesday.