I finished it, the top that is.... yippee and woohoo.... with just hours to spare in the May deadline!
It used up tons of my 1 1/2 inch strips. Unfortunately, about halfway through, I ran out of pieces long enough to make the blocks, so I ended up having to cut more. So I'm not too sure now, whether my pile actually got smaller or bigger. This quilt ended up being 92 inches square. I started this one back in January of this year, which isn't bad... five months, start to finish. It now gets to be added to the growing list of tops waiting to be quilted.
It's from a book by Judy Martin called Scraps
. This is the second quilt I've done from this book, and I have a third in progress that will probably become June's UFO to work on. I'm linking up to May's Lovely Year of Finishes party.
Another great finish!ReplyDelete
Whoohoo!!! I'm giving you a standing ovation!! :)ReplyDelete
Very nice Cathy - congrats!ReplyDelete
Fabulous! Makes me want to go dive into my strip bin and play!ReplyDelete
Nice top! Glad it's finally done.ReplyDelete
what a gorgeous top and well done on meeting your goalReplyDelete