I didn’t get too many pictures yesterday. I was pretty focused on finding the perfect fabrics to build loons with. I’m doing a variation of this block. It will have some pieced flying geese in the background. We have started the blocks for next year’s fund raiser. It will be a combination of Marie Noah blocks and McKenna Ryan designs for another Muskoka themed wildlife and countryside quilt. It takes a lot of sorting and a lot of digging in order to find the prefect fabric just right for a loon’s wing. However, I did get a few pictures of a couple of finishes and an in progress quilt top. This wildlife chain quilt is finished and will be prayed over on Sunday before going to its new home.
Janet finished putting together this Big Block moose themed top.
And Donna is almost finished this trip around the world top.
Here at home I’ve been working on a design by Judy Martin called Capistrano from her book Stellar Quilts.
I fell in love with the design and had to make it. I suspect it will be added to next year’s fundraiser, since the last thing we need here is another queen sized bed quilt. I’m enjoying the intense challenge of the piecing. It’s a nice change after all the endless strip piecing. It will likely take until deep into the winter before it is done. I think it will be domestic machine quilted as I go in sections. I’ll link up to finished, or not, Friday
Friday, 25 September 2026
What we’re Working On
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.