Another productive afternoon was had at our Prayers and Squares group yesterday. Tammy and I got 2 quilt tops layered, but I don’t have pictures of that. I brought one of them home to do the quilting, hopefully before next Thursday. I’ll take it back and pass it on for someone else to do the binding. That’s one of the many things I love about our group, everyone pitches in to do the thing that they are good at. Susan has been working on sewing down some Dresden Plates that were donated to us onto their backgrounds. She’s never done a zig zag stitch with a sewing machine, so she’s feeling quite good about it. Donna and Diane finished a quilt top that is now in the waiting to be layered pile.
Here at home I finished a quilt using up the last of some small animal panels that we had.
And also, we are starting on a quilt for next year’s fund raising season. I have the first block almost finished. It needs a piece of the background fabric added to the top.
I don ’t think I ever posted here the finished quilts for this year’s fund raising. We did a quilt that I saw and totally fell in love with called Northern Wilderness Renewed.
And the other was a floral themed one that was donated to us as a complete kit, with the blocks all pre-cut into individual kits with really great instructions.
Tammy, one of our newer members and a beginner quilter, was able to do the blocks using the instructions given. I’ll link up to finished, or not, Friday.
Friday, 11 September 2026
What We’re Working On
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.