Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 10 March 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Most of my slow stitching this past week has been knitting. I’m making really good progress on my Walk Along T-shirt/sweater. The helical knitting technique that blends the two different skeins of yarn is working beautifully. It’s not even noticeable that the light colours are two different yarns in there. They are close enough in colours that they blend quite nicely. I am getting so close to the dividing point of taking the sleeve stitches off the needles. After that it will go even faster.

I also have taken just a few hand quilting stitches into My Tweets. It is in a new hoop and stand that is quite comfortable to use. I’m still trying to decide what I am going to do in the backgrounds. I have a few ideas and I picked up some painters tape to help with the straight lines I am thing of. But until I have a firm idea I don’t want to do too much on it only to maybe have to take it out. I just realized that I never posted a picture of the finished top. Here it is. It was difficult to get the whole thing into a picture, so it is slightly crooked.

I’ll link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.







1 comment:

  1. The Tweets is gorgeous! So awesome that you are hand quilting this one! I have heard of that knitting technique, but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.