Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 21 February 2024

What we are working on

 As usual, our Prayers and Squares group is busy. It seems as soon as we get a quilt done there is a recipient for it. So for the past 3 meetings 2 of us have been going through our fabrics and cutting for kits. I think we now have about 8 kits fully cut and ready for assembly. That should help with getting them quickly sewn together. In the past it has always been a challenge to pull together something for everyone to work on. Hopefully this will help. We had a few more quilts go out this week. Two quilts for little toddlers and 2 adult lap quilts.

In the meantime I brought home some of the kits so I could work on them here, I found a cute, but simple to sew together quilt called Baby Bently. It actually took longer to cut out than to sew. We had some of the Forest animals border panels left and they fit perfectly into this design. I also had some cat border panel fabrics here that worked well for this design. There are side borders of migrating geese to add to the woodland panels and then it will be ready to hand off to someone else for binding. It was done in the quilt as you go method which makes quilting these on domestic machines much easier. 

I’m linking up to Mid Week Makers






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.